Bartenders – SBC Pub (Kalamazoo, MI)
Full-time and part-time positions are available! (KALAMAZOO, MI)
We are looking for a passionate individual to join our SBC family, who enjoys hospitality as much as they do craft beer! We are a vibrant, lively, yet laidback atmosphere, in the heart of downtown. A perfect place for gathering with friends to enjoy fresh craft beer, delicious eats, and good conversation! SBC offers a safe space for all and is family-friendly.
SBCK requires a high standard of friendly and knowledgeable waitstaff. Bartenders are responsible for creating an enjoyable experience for the customer from greeting, describing beers and menu items, holding conversations, and generating return guests. The candidate must be able to manage time wisely, handle customer complaints with knowledge and professionalism, maintain a positive attitude and handle high-volume customer demands. All employees must come to work prepared for their shift including proper appearance.
- Opening and closing the bar (follow checklists)
- Learning and retaining knowledge of daily food and drink specials
- Learning and retaining knowledge of craft beer, wine, and cider styles
- Checking IDs for age approval
- Knowing Saugatuck Brewing Co. beer and being able to accurately describe different beer styles to guests
- Quickly responding to service bar orders
- Providing service to guests in a timely and orderly fashion
- Maintaining a positive attitude at all times
- Accurately and efficiently entering food and beverage orders into the POS system
- Keeping a clean work area at all times
- Thoroughly completing all side work
- Building relationships with guests to gain return customers!
- At least two years of serving/bartending experience in a high-volume, faced-paced work environment
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to work high volume
- At least 21 years of age
- TIPS certification required (will certify if necessary)
- Open availability, including nights, weekends, and holidays